Use of Information Collected
AERE uses the information we collect from you when you register, purchase products, enter a contest or promotion, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf our website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- If you have opted-in to receive our e-mail promotions or newsletters, we may send you periodic e-mails. If you would no longer like to receive promotional e-mail from us, please refer to the opt-out options on the email or contact Customer Service at 703-644-6666, xt. 632. If you have not opted-in to receive e-mail promotions, you will not receive these e-mails. Visitors who register or participate in other site features such as marketing programs and ‘members-only’ content will be given a choice whether they would like to be on our e-mail list and receive e-mail communications from us.
Protecting Visitor Information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
You can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. You do this through your browser (like Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari, Mozilla FireFox) settings. Each browser is a little different, so look at your browser Help menu to learn the correct way to modify your cookies. If you turn cookies off, you won’t have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly.
Collection of Information & Use
AERE is the sole owner of the information that is collected from users on this site. We do not share any personally identifiable information with third parties in any way. Personal information is used by AERE to:
• Provide a personalized shopping experience for registered customers
• Send e-mail newsletters full of specials and helpful information to those who opt to receive them
• Monitor traffic patterns to improve our site’s functionality and user-friendliness
We collect customer information to serve you to the best of our ability.
Third party links
In an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
Changes to our policy
Questions and feedback
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue by email to email@example.com or call Customer Service at 703-644-6666 xt. 632.
Online Policy Only
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.